Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Birthday Card....

that has no coloring.  Whaaat?  Yep, you heard right-I have made a card that has no coloring on it whatsoever.  And, I actually had fun making it!  I love to coloring but with the house in redecorating uproar recently, I had to leave the making of my daughter's birthday card to the day of her birthday.  Not a good plan, I know.  Especially when I had a full bday meal to make!  So, no coloring but in the end I made a card I ended up really, really liking and was so excited to give her.  Clarice will be living in an apt. next year at college rather than a dorm and the card incorporates the colors of her bedding as well as the colors that she wants to accent her room with.  Her brother went to Costa Rica this summer and brought back each of his sisters a large, almost beach towel sized shawl that they each are going to display in their respective rooms.  Clarice's has deep, saturated jewel tones in her shawl and I thought this little card could be put on a night stand or dresser so she could see what I think of her each day.  I used Spellbinder's Label One, Splendid Circles and Circles for my dies and some lovely crocheted flowers that I picked up cheapcheapcheap at Hobby Lobby.  I cut a Hero Art's sentiment apart so I could create the "you are fabulous" phrase which is really more my style than the "you are so special" sentiment that it was.  This is my first time EVER cutting a stamp apart and it was only slightly painful ;-D  Inside the card I used Hero Art's again with the Happy Birthday sentiment, embossed.   Here is my card:

 I enjoyed tremendously the tiny amount of time that I had to make this card and it reminded how much I love that little lift that crafting gives me.  MUST MAKE TIME TO CRAFT!  I also popped over to the Hero Art's flickr site and saw the different comments regarding the upcoming Scrapfest in Minn.  I finally am able to make it there this year. Each year in the past there has been at least one of my kid's with a school meet happening that weekend or my husband would be out of town traveling.  But this year all the moons align and I am able to go.  I am really excited, first of all to be attending Scrapfest and taking part in the different classes but also to meet so many of the HA flickr friends in person!  I believe the number going is around 10 now!  Thank you so much for stopping by - I appreciate your time!

Be well,
Sheila

9 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Double Wow Sheila!! For no coloring this beauty radiants with magnificent colors! LOVE IT!!!

Lin said...

Love these colors, Sheila! So excited to get to meet you in a few months!!

Barb said...

Sheila, even with no coloring, you create amazing cards - love this beauty!

Dawn T said...

what a delightful little card Sheila. Your daughter will just love it no doubts. How exciting to be actually meeting up with some of your Flickr friends... I'll be there in spirit with you all!!!!

Robin K. said...

This is such a special card! Love these colors-your daughter's apartment is going to be lovely! I'm so bummed I won't be at Scrapfest this year-would have loved meeting you and the others:). You're going to have a blast!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and i'm sure it was very well receivedx

Brenda said...

I just love those rich crocheted flowers Sheila! Beautiful card even though I do miss your coloring!

Greta said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! I just love everything you did here!

Sasha said...

Fabulous!! Shelia. I love your crocheted flowers and beautiful layers x