Friday, March 2, 2012

It's a quickie....!

Hi all!  I have just a super quick post....hopefully more coming later.  We are set to receive anywhere from 6 to 9 inches of snow later today and tonight and so I want to get a MASSIVE amount of errands done before the weather begins.  I have several amazing bird images from WhipperSnapper and I finally had time to sit down and color one.  The other night my son wanted company to watch a few episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" and how could I resist such an offer from such cutie right?


So, I trucked my copic's and images over to family room and sat and colored while I watched.  I love these images.....so fun to color!  WhipperSnapper publishes their stamp images in color and I followed the picture of this stamp pretty closely.  They do not tell you what colors they use but I followed the general "gist" of what I thought their colors were.  I find this helps ALOT the first time I color an image.  After that I generally choose to go off on my own and use colors of my own choice.  I could see this peacock being done in shades of pinks and oranges too.  I don't care that "real" peacocks aren't really pink and orange...I just care about what colors make me happy when I am coloring! This particular card I am sending to  my oldest daughter.  And, yes, I am proud as a peacock of her!  So, not much to say about the card....it is pretty straightforward.  I colored the image and then mounted it on several pieces of card stock, added a ribbon, a bit of bling and voila!


Thank you so much for stopping by today ;-)  I hope you aren't getting hit with the kind of crazy weather that the Midwest is currently experiencing.  Take care!

Be well,
Sheila

12 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Oh my - love the shades of blue, green and purple :) It is oh so beautiful!

Sasha said...

WOW! This looks amazing, Sheila. Beautifully coloured and what beautiful colour choices, too. A gorgeous card.

I don't envy you having snow. Luckily, we haven't had too much this winter...so far! But we have had a lot of gales and I hate those, they do a lot of damage - but nothing like those terrible, destructive tornados that you have in the US. I feel so sorry for those poor people who have lost everything x

joy said...

Once you get home from errands, stay in and stay warm and stay safe, Sheila!! We are supposed to have high winds and severe weather in Ohio this evening; not looking forward to that.

Love your pretty peacock, your coloring is always superb. And, I agree, a peacock can be any color you want it to be!!!

Brenda said...

Wow! Your colouring always leaves me speechless! Be safe! Hugs, Brenda

Judy1223 said...

Sheila, what a lovely peacock image and your coloring is AMAZING! (I have a few Whipper Snapper stamps and they are coloring intensive but CUTE!) This card is so pretty...and your son is a handsome fella! Good luck with the snow...I honestly wish we would get some of it...no snow here all winter, only rain!

Lisa said...

Hopefully you are not getting snowed in right now! another amazing image Sheila! Oh..I'm in trouble!! Your coloring is stellar on this and I can't wait to see the pink/orange version of this cuz I know it's comin'!! Just gorgeous!! Have a great weekend :)

Pajalu said...

Sheila this is such a stunner of a card! I love your colouring, it looks amazing xoxoxoxo

Dawn T said...

what a stunning peacock. adore the message that you've put with it... perfect together! Hope the weather wasn't all that bad in the end... Late winter storms are no fun.

judkajudi said...

Perfect coloring! I love WhipperSnapper images! They do require skilled coloring! You do it so beautifully!!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and the colours just pop out at you! x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila the coloring on this is out-of-the-world fabulous!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Just stunning! Wow, Sheila! That is an exceptional amount of coloring, I love it!