Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Stamp =

....New Post!  I have a card today using a really fun, new (well, new for me at least!) Whipper Snapper Design Stamp.  I had more fun than I should admit to in coloring this image.  And, I know I can make  lots of different birthday card designs with this stamp.  It will be a great one to play with!  It is called Birthday Tree AW175 and I also used a Tim Holtz Die.  I colored the  "background" of the image with some different shades of green, blue and purple chalks.  Then, I popped up the leafy part of the tree on pop dots.  Punched out a few butterflies, added some ribbon, stickles, glossy accents and, ya-hey, it's good to go!  My room is super sunny today and no matter how I photographed this card it has come out with HUGE black shadows.  So, please ignore the huge black shadows.  I do not have super - duper heavy black marker outlining around my sentiment, ribbon tree etc.....Since I am not entering this into anything and since my camera battery is alarmingly low and since I am somewhat lazy I have decided not to retake a pic of this card ;-D



Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always, ALWAYS appreciate your visits!

Be well,
Sheila

9 comments:

Sasha said...

This is a super stamp, Sheila. I love your colouring, there's lots of detail and you've done a fabulous job. Your card is so colourful...the perfect birthday card!:)

Pam W Merwin said...

Love it - look at all the "fussy cutting" around 'happy birthday' :) Thanks for the link - I just ordered me some Whipper Snapper stamps!

judkajudi said...

Sheila, I love Whipper Snapper stamps! I used to visit their shop in Wisconsin and it was the first time I heard about alcohol based markers! You have done a magnificent job on this image!

Dawn T said...

super card Sheila. What stunning colouring.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great colors Sheila... so happy to see this card as it helps me ignore the snow that is coming through today!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great colors Sheila... so happy to see this card as it helps me ignore the snow that is coming through today!

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow this is fantastic x

MarcyK924 said...

What a cute card! Love your coloring Sheila! I'm glad you had fun! Hugs, Marcy XO

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, how fun is that tree, Sheila! Just love it so! Great coloring and use of the patterned papers!