Thursday, December 1, 2011

2 Cards...

...for no other reason than I like to color!  I had these two images colored already, and with today morphing into a super busy day that I hadn't foreseen I only had time to assemble the images into cards.  But, the time I had planned to create card for  Virginia from scratch will be done either later tonight or tomorrow and I am really looking forward to making a birthday card!  It feels like I haven't made one for so long.  But back to today's cards.  The first is a Penny Black Stamp called Two's Company 4165K here and, actually, this might be the first time that I have inked it up.  I feel like I could have done more with it...I am not unhappy with this card just have a nagging sense of there is more to be gotten out of this stamp than I achieved...I think it has lots of possibilities and know I will have fun playing around with it!  I would LOVE to have all the Fashion Girl stamps and make "sets" out of them....I think they are so fun and contemporary looking.



My second stamp uses a Northwoods Rubber Stamp Co image here that I really like but have found it a little awkward as far as finding a way to "place" it on a card.  So again, I need to find some "mess around" time with this image to get it so I really love it.  The paper is Basic Grey from their Jingle collection and the sentiment is a rub on from the clearance bin.  The areas that I left white on the flowers I very lightly stickled with Diamond stickles and in person it has a really cool sheen that kinda POPS out.  It doesn't photograph that way so you will have to take my word on it.....or, stop on by to my house.  I have peppermint white chocolate covered pretzels that I will share with you ;-D



Thank you for stopping by.  I appreciate the visit and any comments you might have about these two stamps!

Be well,
Sheila

7 comments:

Barb said...

That first card is so fun, Sheila! I love all the different colors you used! Your second card is gorgeous! Fantastic coloring on the flowers!

Maureen Morton said...

I'll be over as soon as I finish my Christmas cards - ha! Love these cards, Sheila. The first is so hip and the second is so retro - love both styles. And you coloring is over the top! You are getting so darn good at it. Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila you are a master of many styles. Love how you mix up your art!

Lisa said...

Love those PB girls, Sheila! They seem so chic and I'm certain they must be Xmas shopping :)
Love the poinsettias too- really beautiful stamp! (and card)
Have a nice weekend!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the tall and lean fashionistas, beautifully colored! Your holiday card has a really nice vintage charm to it!

Brenda said...

Your coloring is always so beautiful Sheila! Those pretzels sound yum!

bessanne said...

very pretty, the ladies are a different stamp for you! i like!