Friday, July 1, 2011

Two in one day???

Yep! You read my header correctly....I am actually making two posts in one day!-sometimes I even surprise myself.  This is another card for the Summer Card Camp Challenge as well as for the Penny Black blog/circle challenge of stamping inside a card.  I think I am almost caught up in camp.....yes, I know....I am that annoying camper that lags behind the rest of the group hehehe.

So, here be my card:






I am happy with how this card turned out but am getting tired of working with this particular color combo!  The flower is actually orange, deep pink and blue but it is not photographing that way....I think perhaps I over-distressed and my colors muddied up but I actually really like how the colors turned out.  Then I over outlined them in white....love that look.  The stamp is Penny Black, the sentiment is Hero Arts and I "punched" my paper a la' Jill Foster....have never really done this before but have always admired her details with it and so figured out it wouldn't be too hard for me to try.  Thanks for stopping by!  Again ;-D

Be well,
Sheila
                                                        

8 comments:

auntpiggy said...

This is a gorgeous card. You put a ton of effort into this -- I hope whoever eventually receives it appreciates that!

Oh, and the dachshunds? Just adorable!

Anonymous said...

so cute
love your card
have a nice camp
yvette from france

Lisa said...

AWE-SOME, Sheila! Man is this ever different! I love the unique colors on this (what looks to be)poinsettia! Love the white on the petals too- fantastic!

Jill said...

Love the white accents you've added to your amazing flower! And all of your layers on the flower are magnificent!

Rosemary said...

love what you did with the christmas star (one of my favorite stamps!)... it just isn't for christmas!

Melinda said...

Stunning! It's really quite beautiful!

judkajudi said...

Hi, Sheila! Thanks for visiting my blog. Love this gorgeous flower and how you have used it! I'm so thrilled I can leave a comment; sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't! See you at camp!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Perfect blend of colors on your flower, really love this clean and crisp design, hope you are well!