Friday, July 1, 2011

So Happy...

...because today my oldest comes home for the weekend and tomorrow we are throwing her a 21st birthday party.   Her birthday really was on Cinco de Mao (May 5!) but that was when my husband took so ill and was hospitalized for sooo long.  But, now things/life are getting back to normal and we are able to have a little celebration for her and about, hmmmm, 25 of her closest friends tomorrow!  I did not get to any "completed" card crafting during the last two days.  It was one of the times where I had lots of ideas, little time and so no actual real "finish".  I did, however, complete another Card Camp card but forgot that I had never uploaded it. It was buried under my mess of experiments...hehehe So, without fanfare, here it is.

Very simple but still using the color scheme!

                                                                  
                                                                 
This was actually super simple to make.  I "lined" a piece of cardstock with blue marker and a ruler, then measured the size I wanted and cut out.  I then added the pink line along the side and used an ek success punch on the top of the paper.  I love how much it looks like school paper only more "vibrant".  Then I stamped that sheet with  Penny Black Sentiments and then also used Penny Black for the flower and butterfly.  Then I adhered the lined sheet to a piece of cardstock that I distressed with concord Distress Ink.  Bling, bling..tie, button, bow and a little glitter pen and I'm done with the outside. For the inside, I followed the challenge over at the Penny Black blog/circle and decorated the inside.....decorated very simply.  Flower is in purple ink and the "thanks" is in pink...but I guess you can see that for yourself!  Simple but nice.

                                                                    

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I love to hear your comments and have a wonderful Friday!

Be well,
Sheila

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Super pretty! Love your blingy butterfly and that sentiment! These colors suit you :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, Sheila, love the wonderful color combination on this, very bold and pretty!