Friday, July 22, 2011

Sally Sells Sea Shells....

I made a card that is a little out of the box (envelope?) for me.  I left my comfort zone of square cards and instead followed Card Pattern sketch 124.  I really liked the sketch, alot, but whoa...that card was long and definetely not square.



I also wanted to enter a card into the City Crafter Challenge 

                                              
for this week which was called "It's a Shore Thing".  The ladies there had the most wonderful image for their challenge...


...and I so was going to follow that image....use all those lovely colors (cuz I do love my colors) and I was all set to go except the directions for the challenge were to create a card based on our recollections of the beach, the shore etc....and my memories are not filled with colors that stray to much from blues, browns and blinding white.  I grew up in Racine, Wi which is on Lake Michigan.  And I spent alot of time there.  I also spent almost every summer of my life as a kid swimming at Rehoboth Beach, Deleware or at a cottage at Chesapeake Bay.  So, there were endless beaches, brown boardwalks, blue upon blue ocean all frosted with blinding white sun glare.  It was a lovely way to spend summers.  And the best part....I actually had all these little seashells and stuff from a project that I did a few years ago for my daughter!  Yeah!-Love it when the supplies get all used up....


After I made my card I felt like maybe some of my proportions were off...funny how I don't "see" that until I upload and look at the card as a "picture" but, next time I stray from my square card comfort zone I will have my dimensions down!

Thank you so much for stopping by and I really appreciate the time you spend visiting!

Be well,
Sheila
                                                                       
                                               
                                                                  

10 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Very tranquil Sheila. It was fabulous to meet you!

Rosemary said...

great card, sheila! i think you did a wonderful job with the sketch.

Ros said...

Congrats on your spotlight last week! and this is another delightful creation ... thanks so much for playing along with us again at CCCB

Lisa said...

This is simply stunning! Beautiful seashells at the bottom and love the one in the middle of the ribbon. These colors are so calming- perfect :)

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. I love that it is longer than the standard 4x5.5 card. Great job.

Jill said...

This is really so pretty and pieceful. Love your colors and the way you've embellished the whole card. Another post full of eye-candy- thanks for the inspiration, my friend. HUGS!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful, lovely seashells and colors, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

So serene and lovely! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Maureen Morton said...

This mermaid loves all things ocean - and I want to dive right into this beauty! So lovely, Sheila!