Thursday, July 14, 2011

LOVING THIS SKETCH!

Hi All!  For whatever reason, today seems to be a super good day.....maybe it's because the weather is beautiful, my husband and I went out last night with another couple or simply because my son picked me up a diet coke on his way home from work it and was super, icey cold.  Whatever the reason....(also, could it be because  I have some scrapping time to myself??) I am enjoying the day.  Now I'm going to declare straight out....I LOVE THIS CARD.  The colors, the sketch layout from Mojo Monday 199 and the stamps...one a new one from Heartfelt Creations (which I bought online at I {Love} Mementos) and an oldoldold one that I got a long time ago from Cornish Farms... which are out of biz I think.  Anyways, I did follow some of Jill Foster's tutorials for the coloring of the flowers....I used the Faber Castell Big Brush markers as well as their pastel pencils and I really like the effect.  I almost always turn to my Prismacolor pencils to color images so using markers was really a big change for me.  These went on really nice and smooth and blended so easily.....just like the tutorial said they would!  I am entering this card in Mojo Monday 199 as well as linking it up for my Summer Card Camp this week.  Seriously, I have been beyond delinquent for card camp..... just don't "play well with others" I guess! Heehee.  And finally, I believe I will add this to the Lily Pad July Card Chain.  I haven't participated in that since before my husband took ill and I'm glad to have a card to link up.....I always liked that  card chain.


                                                        




So I hope you are also having a good day....and thank you so much for stopping by today!

Be well,
Sheila

5 comments:

Judy said...

Hi, I love this card the design is so pretty. Have a great day.
Judy

Rosemary said...

love how you colored those aztec gold sunflowers, sheila!

Jill said...

Just love the way you've colored AND layered the flowers! Beautiful design- and the vintage paper in the background is a great touch!

Lisa said...

OH- this is a beauty! I love the vintagey feel with that bg, gorgeous reds, and that lacy edge- pure yumminess!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful! Those flowers are just fabulous and I love their shimmery centers. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!