Monday, April 4, 2011

Took the weekend off and didn't clean my house.....

Hello All,

So, I took the weekend off from doing anything crafty because it was REALLY time to clean my house.  I had the very best of intentions.  I was going to get my laundry done, the basement straightened, all the bathrooms cleaned and the floors washed.  I know, I know.....WHAT WAS I THINKING?  Basically, I got nothing housecleaning-wise done.  And, really-I'm pretty okay with that.  These are the reasons (excuses?) why I didn't get anything done. Friday night my son called me from a Sadie Hawkins dance saying it was kinda boring and all his friends wanted to come to our house to play Wii Dance. (yes, you read that right...they left a real dance to come home and play a virtual dance!) and so I said, "sure-you can have everyone over." And really, why would I clean BEFORE a bunch of teenagers came by. And then the next day, Saturday, we had some scattered spots of sun so each time the sun came out I dropped whatever I was doing and went out with Buster and Boca for a long walk.  Then, my son asked could he have friends over, again, this time for a sleep over.  And then,  my daughter asked if she could have a friend  over too. And again I ask you WHY would I clean BEFORE a bunch of teenagers were coming over?  Then my husband and I decided to have a "Mad Men" marathon and no way was cleaning going to get in the way of Mad Men! Well, before I knew it Sunday was here!  And Joe and I sat down with cups of coffee and talked over the fun weekend with the  kids.  Then I just had to call and catch up with Bess who is at college, and talk about her weekend.  But then, after talking with Bess, I really got down to business. I started to do the laundry....but seriously,  by then it was really too late to do housework because it was  close to dinnertime and....sooo, the long and short of it is that my house is still a mess but, I had a pretty good weekend!

Today I did get some time (while clothes were in the machine) to get to some cards.  I have several to make...some sympathy, some spring and some "just thinking of you" type of cards.  I feel like my photography skills need to sharpen up a bit though so I apologize for the poor card shots.  I need to find a way to reduce the glare....any suggestions?

I really like this card...it is for a neighbor whose wife just died.  They were married well over 50 years :(

I used HA Friend Definition, Envelope Pattern, and a sympathy statement as well as a LaBlanche stamp called Fence with Roses. My next card I am entering into the current Play Date Cafe Challenge.  I think that maybe I didn't use the right color of blue but am going to  enter it anyways!  I really love this particular stamp.  It is called Roses Photo Stamp by Darkroom Door and it is larger than my die cut version.






This last card uses the LaBlanche stamp called Blossoming Tree with Butterfly and then I added a HA sentiment.  Thanks for stopping by!  I have really appreciated the various comments and encouragement that people have left me or emailed me.  So far, this has been a very nice experience :-D

Be well, 

Sheila




8 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful cards, Sheila! And I love your house cleaning story! Sounds like what happens to me every time I have a day off! :)

Fiona said...

Sounds like you had a wow of a weekend Sheila! Pretty card :) Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe....

joy said...

Pretty cards! Don't worry about cleaning house - those kids will be grown and gone and then your house can be pristine! Enjoy your days with them!!!

Virginia L. said...

These cards are beautiful! Love the images that you used for the different themes! Thanks for dropping by my blog! As for the Apple Crisp, I think the sugar substitute will work also (something like Splenda). I also use sugar sparingly whenever I can. You've got a great new blog here, Shiela!

Jinny Newlin said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me ;)! But really, you're making up for lost time in the craft room, girl! These cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really beautiful cards, each with their own special touch and I'm so sorry to hear of the neighbor's passing, so sad! You have such a busy life with the kids, and I'm glad you enjoyed every minute of the weekend!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! You have been busy! LOVE that you took the weekend off:) Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC!

Anette said...

Sheila, I can sooo relate to your cleaning story, been there done that - several times! LOL! And gorgeous cards too, thanks for sharing!