Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday and I really wish it was Friday.....

Don't get me wrong....I am actually loving today.  I finally had some time to sit down and craft!  I also had time to go out and putter about the yard.  It is so nice to see the flowers starting to poke through the earth and little bitty buds work themselves free of the branches of the shrubs and trees.  Today, finally, it really feels like Spring is coming and although this may be a rumor,  I did hear that it might go into the high 60's this weekend!  I am really looking forward to warm weather....some balmy spring nights and being able to open my windows and let the wind blow through my house.  Soon, soon :-D

But, I am anxious for Friday because Friday we are going out to a friends house for dinner and then maaaaaybeeeee out for some dancing after the meal.  The friends who are hosting are going to be leaving soon for a several year work commitment in India and they are having another couple and ourselves over for a night of good food, laughs, good byes and good lucks.

I really was on a  card making run today.  I had several colored "panels" that I needed to assemble into cards.  I often stamp out images that I like, (5 or 6 at a time) and then color them  when I am watching a tv show with the fam.  Then, I collect them until I have time to sit down and pick out papers or stamp up backgrounds.  So my cards today are many( well, not THAT many...just 5) but I tried to achieve a different look and feel whenever I used the same image.

For example, I often use this stamp from LaBlanche for sympathy type cards but am  now also trying to get a spring look.  I think it could also be an elegant wedding or anniversary card if done with more muted, monochromatic colors...




I love butterflies and know that I will use this next stamp incessantly.  It has such a nice image that I often "cut down" with my die cuts...I love the way an image looks when it just sort of "leaves" the  edges of the die cut.  These  stamps are also LaBlanche.



And my last card just makes me laugh!  It is supposed to be a "spring" card but no matter what the season is I invariably reach for "fall" colors! I thought that I would enter this particular card in the Etsy Inspired Challenge .  The Etsy inspiration this week comes from the XS Baggage Company which has AMAZING bags, laptop covers , key fobs etc....It was hard to pick just one pattern that I liked but there was one that had my "go to Fall colors" and of course I WENT TO IT.  So here is the laptop bag that "inspired" me (and seriously, isn't it pretty "groovy " looking?  Love it!) and here is the my card!  And again, I am using LaBlanche....I really do make cards with stamps other than LaBlanche....I guess I am on a little bit of a coloring kick lately and their images are so much fun to color! 

  
                                        


The various sentiments that I used are from HA and Lawn Fawn.  And, I'm off to watch my daughter play in a soccer game.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila



2 comments:

Lisa said...

All so beautiful, Sheila! I really adore that butterfly/flower image- gorgeous! Have a great night out with your friends :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love your use of colors and patterns on all of these cards, so pretty Sheila! Hey, it's Friday as I write this, so hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead!