Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day after the 16th birthday....

Yesterday my son, my youngest child, turned 16.  And I thought that I was ready for my "baby" to be at this next big step in his life....this next big step in my life.  But, although I put on a good front, I'm not ready at all.  See, he's my youngest and my only son.  He was the one who stayed home with mom when his sisters left to go to school.  He and I would plan our day over breakfast and then bake cookies or banana bread, make Christmas ornaments out of glitter, glue and pipe cleaners (yep, we still  hang them on the tree) or  cuddle together on the couch and read books.  Sometimes, we would  turn music on and dance... or march. Now, he is 16, driving a car and well on his way to becoming a really wonderful young man.  Yes, it makes me sad but it also makes me very happy to see the wonderful person he is growing into.  So,                                  

                                                       Happy Birthday Cormick!


                                              
                                                     and remember to drive safe.....)


I really loved how Jennifer McGuire used Glossy Accents on her Lily Pad Welcome card. When my Gem Hunt prize arrived from HA and it contained the HA Solid Dots Pattern cling stamp I just knew I had to try out Jennifer's technique.

And, here is the end result.   This is the birthday card that I made for Corm...complete with Glossy Accented Dots.  I like the effect!  I can also see trying it with liquid pearls on a wedding type card... on top of pearlized white cardstock hmmmm.....

                                               
                                                                        
I hope that you like it.  He sure did!  Thank you for stopping by ;)

Sheila




9 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super sweet birthday card, your colors are wonderful! I'm addicted to glossy accents too! Love the pic of your son, so handsome, you must be one proud mom! So happy for you!

Anette said...

Hey, there's PICTURES!!! You've come a long way already Sheila, way to go! Love your card too!

Rosemary said...

what a yummy card, sheila!! looks like you are getting this blogging thing down!!

Barb said...

Glad you figured out how to show a card here! Love it too! All those delicious looking cupcakes look wonderful!

Pajalu said...

Hi Shiela, Congrats on your new blog & Happy B'day to your son. Your card looks beautiful. You will not regret having a blog they are so much fun xoxoxoxo

Froggietalks said...

What a wonderful card! Congrats on your blog!

joy said...

Your son is a handsome young man - happy birthday to him! And, the card you made for him is fabulous - I, too, love the glossy accents technique. The cupcakes are so sweet!

Brenda said...

That Glossy Accent is better than chocolate (when it comes to card making)! Love your card Sheila! Gorgeous cupcakes! Happy Birthday Cormick!

Cindy Groh said...

You have so many beautiful cards on your blog. I adore Jennifer McGuire also. She is so inspiring.